Red Lips.

Thursday, October 15, 2009

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/2009/oct/12/lipstick-red-alexander-mcqueen

Today I`m going to write about a fashion trend, that Cleopatra started many years ago, but It`s still used. Red lips. I love it. I used to wear a really really bright red lipstick everyday, like two years ago. But now I don`t, because I feel that I look so adult. I prefer to look childish in university, it makes me feel young haha.

This trend is popular because so many celebritys and fashion icons have used it. Elizabeth I, Marilyn Monroe, Coco Chanel, Audrey Hepburn. And even Robert Smith and Marilyn Manson.

The article I found is an opinion about it, written by Maggie O'Farrell. She can`t understand why all fashion designers used red lips on their runways. If there are many colours to pick, why using red?

Some anthropologists sayd that red lipstick is a display of fertility. But O`Farrell doesn`t think so. She agrees that red lips creates an effect of energy, women look less tired. Moreover, she thinks we can look glamorous easily, just with a coat of red on our lips.

She also writes that she though red is not for everybody. But she changed her opinion. Women have to find the right red lipstick for her skin colour, even if they are extremely pale or ginger.

I agree :D wearing makeup is really fun and It can make a person look soooo much better (just see some famous!). Red lips are really flattering.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment