Talking about Music

Thursday, October 22, 2009

I don´t have a favourite artist. I have periods of time when I become addicted to some bands or artists, but It has never been one in particular. Now, I´m obsessed with a german industrial band called Oomph!. I´ve been listening them since last year, in november. I like them because they have songs in english and german. Even though I can´t understand a single word in german, I think music it´s a language itself. The lead singer has a special expressive manly voice, that I like because It´s versatile and he sounds different in every song. They have very interesting videos, all of them tell stories based in a book or movie. For example, for the song "Labyrinth" they used images and characters from Alice in the wonderland.

My favourite song is "Night after night" from The Rasmus, a rock-pop band from Finland. I like it because I was listening it during a very special moment of my life that I will never forget. Also, It reminds me the concert, the first time that TR came to Chile. And I was there, on the first row. It was awsome to listen my favourite song, played in front of me.
Music is very important in my life. Actually, there are things that I can´t do without music, like studing, reading, drawing, and traveling in a bus (It´s quite boring listen people´s conversation) . When I need to think, I listen to music. It´s like my little own bubble. I prefer music than silence.
Also, music it´s important to me because it helps me to remember. There are moments or people that I recognize with a song or band. For example, I hate Coldplay because It reminds me a person that I don´t like (speaking really politely).

The best concert I have been is was last year, when Within Temptation played in Teatro Caupolican. They are a metal band from Nederland. I was there on the first row (again. I came to the theather at 8am in the morning, and spent my entire day there). with my boyfriend, listening to the most beautiful female voice ever. I screamed like insane and I stupidely cried. I knew all the lyrics, so I sang all the songs. The next morning my arms were full of bruises (people there were crazy and fanatic like I was), I felt tired as hell and I didn´t have voice. But whatever, It was freaking awsome.

I would like to go to a Linkin Park concert. I love them since I was eleven. Now I´m going to see Armin Van Buuren, my favourite dj ever next month, and Panic at the disco two days later. I´ll try to survive, I promise.


2 comentarios:

NN said...

uuhhh... sometimes I cry in concerts too xD.
I hate with all my soul The Rasmus.. reaally.
I like Panic at sasdadda... and linkin park.

perdoooooooooooooooooooooooooooname (:

Ricardo said...

oh darling, we have really different music tastes... but it doesn't matter, i love u anyway
i have never cried in a concert! i'm too man for that wuaahahahahaha
xoxo!

Post a Comment