Learning English at the University

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Now that I´ve almost finished my english course, it´s time to write about it. Passing four levels of a foreing language is required in university to get a degree, but I just did two because my english level was good. I had both courses on 2009, Pre-intermediate and intermediate, and they were quite easy for me. But I learned a lot! It was definetly my funniest english course I´ve ever taken, because at school was too easy and boring. Also now I´ve got new friends, and we had great times on classes. It was a long journey and one of my best memories of University.

When I started the course, I was angry. I had my rhtythmic gymnastics training at the same hour than english classes, and I was so sure that I didn´t need them. But as I said before, they are required to get a degree, so I had to take them anyways.
First term was the easiest one. I can´t say that I didn´t learned at all, because I practiced and remembered things that I haven´t seen in years, since school times.
But, during the intermediate course I learned different weird words that I´ve never listened before. It was more interactive than the first course, because we were less people taking it and the teacher was funnier. We did different activities like games, with music and analyzing songs, we even created an island.
People was really important too. The english group is so nice and fun. We had great times before classes, because we had like three hours free to waste. We played, went out for ice creams and talked a lot. I´ll miss a lot those free hours we had, they were so relaxing.
And bad things... the courses were so late!. Going back home at eight o´clock it not nice. On winter was definetly the worst, classes were cold, dark and sometimes really boring. Being responsible was the hardest part, because I had no motivation. I´m glad I overcomed it.


I have great memories of the course, specially of the second term. I´ll miss the amazing times we had. The worst situation can become fun with nice people there, and it happened here.
Next tuesday we have the final test and I´m really nervous about it. I hope me and my partners do it right.
And then, on thrustday we are all going to celebrate it´s over! We are going out to drink and eat, still don´t know where.
The only thing I can say now... Finally it´s over! I´m so glad. Now I´ll focus on my career and studying french, I love languages and I´ll be never tired of learning them.

0 comentarios:

Post a Comment