Challenges

Thursday, November 19, 2009

People may think journalism is getting easier everyday, with the new technology. But that’s not true. Our job it’s fun, dynamic, important, but difficult and we still have challenges to deal with.

Technology has become so important, that now is difficult to work in my area without some elements like microphones, computers, recorders and cameras. I do not have them all, so I have to borrow them sometimes. If I had all the technology that I need, everything would be easier for me.
But if a journalist wants to make a good work, he would do it anyways. Journalism it’s all about communication and investigation, so for good reportage, you just need a good research and finding a simple way to explain it. Paper and a pencil is enough, just how old school journalists used to do it.
It’s nice to have tools to make our work easier.

Social matters are getting more difficult everyday, because our work is underrated. People compare us with paparazzi and they can’t see how important journalism is. They think sometimes that journalism is for people who want to be on television. But they are not right; it is a serious job that deserves respect. Some people say we are the fourth power.
It is a big challenge to change the opinion that people have about us. Being a journalist is not easy as they believe.

Education in journalism is the most difficult part I think. There are a lot of private universities that have journalism as a career and they are not good, and there are a lot of weak journalists over there. So, there’s a real challenge for serious journalists to find a nice job and stand out. Our career is really competitive, so education must be competitive too.
I think bad schools of journalism have to close, because they exist just to make money. There is not a real commitment with students, in my opinion.
I think me and my classmates are in a good school. We don’t have to worry about it.

1 comentarios:

Fran said...

"People compare us with paparazzi". That´s horrible but unfortunately is true. Hopefully we can change that perception

Post a Comment